It’s Friday, so maybe time for a little fun. We’ve earned a rest from our weary fretting.
Here are a few things that you might want to know about me to complete the mental picture that my words might have begun before I retreat into the anonymity of my cloth mask. (There is no need to reciprocate. That is one of the privileges of being on an island.)
1) I do crossword puzzles in pen. They are always a mess when I am done.
2) I’ll eat anything on a burger, but I am a hotdog purist – mustard, relish and sauerkraut (maybe a little chili) or no deal.
3) My favorite artist (bar none) is Raphael, but my favorite ninja turtle is Michelangelo.
4) I once wanted to be an architect, until I found out how much physics was involved.
5) The animal I most identify with is the Tiger, although my actual spirit animal is the Salmon. I don’t know why I know that.
6) I think log-log and semi-log graph paper are cheating
7) I was a Classics major in college but read Latin poetry that was written in the Renaissance. I didn’t think I was scholar enough to find new things about the topics everybody studied, so I found my own topics.
8) My favorite book is Look Homeward Angel by Thomas Wolfe. My second favorite is E B White’s Charlotte’s Web, which probably tells everything you need to know about me.
9) I distrusted High School History. All those neatly organized dates and events seemed way too pat. It turns out I was right.
10) I don’t have a favorite movie – there are far too many that I love. But the only movie I would watch anytime and anywhere is Richard Lester’s A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum (oh, and probably The Princess Bride).
11) I am decidedly a dog person, but I find cats singularly intriguing. Since I am allergic to them, they seem to be abnormally interested in me in return.
What else could you ever hope to know?
[This Post was adapted from a essay originally published on Facebook the day listed above]